Saturday, January 12, 2008

Things I'm angry about today

1.) COWBOYS HATERS

I am so frustrated with everybody's upset pick, the Giants. I know I hated on the Boys earlier, but now I'm pissed at sports announcers everywhere. 5 of 10 ESPN "experts" pick the Giants. Are you kidding? The Cowboys beat them twice this year, (by double-digits both times), they're playing at home and are rested.

Here is an interesting article from FOX Sports.

"The Divisional Playoff round of the NFL postseason has produced the most lopsided scores as the teams that have earned the right to rest through the Wildcard round have owned their visiting foes. In fact, the average margin of victory in this round has been 13.9 PPG."

"Since ’93, only four NFC road teams have won straight up in the divisional round against 24 losses."

"5th and 6th seeds in the NFC are just 1-10 (straight up) & 3-8 (against the spread) in their last 11 games in this round. "

At least Madden '08 simulation has them winning 31-10.

2.) SFA LUMBERJACKS

I was so excited to see the Lumberjacks basketball team off to a great start. They were 11-1 and have wins over SMU and Oklahoma (!). I was so excited that I put that thing on the side of the page. Well, since then, they are now 0-1 in conference with a loss to Nicholls St (6-10, 1-0) and my dreams of a first-ever tournament bid are severely damaged. Aww damn.

No comments: